- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- 1 Butternut Squash, medium-large
- 3-4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh sage, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Rosemary, chopped
- 1 inch Ginger, chopped
- 3-4 cups Vegetable broth
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, salt, and several grinds of fresh pepper and sauté until soft, 5 to 8 minutes. Add the squash and cook until it begins to soften, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes.
- 2Add the garlic, sage, rosemary, and ginger. Stir and cook 30 seconds to 1 minute, until fragrant, then add 3 cups of the broth. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until the squash is tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 3Let cool slightly and pour the soup into a blender, working in batches if necessary, and blend until smooth. If your soup is too thick, add up to 1 cup more broth and blend. Season to taste and serve with parsley and crusty bread.